C-Frage

Passt mal wieder nichts zusammen? Ein Ersatzteil ist nicht mehr lieferbar? MG Drivers sind hilfsbereit - und helfen sich in diesem Forum gegenseitig.

Moderatoren: Gagamohn, JuanLopez

Antworten
Manfred Hürland #224
C-Frage

Beitrag von Manfred Hürland #224 » 13. Feb 2004, 09:56

Hallo Freunde,

der Overdrive-Schalter oben am Getriebe ist bei meinem C defekt und muss ausgetauscht werden.

Weiß jemand, ob man den Schalter von unten ausgebaut bekommt und wie?

Danke für Antworten!

Grüße
Manfred Hürland

Andreas

Beitrag von Andreas » 13. Feb 2004, 10:22

Im WWW (World Wide Workshop) habe ich dazu gefunden:

From: Rob Edwards North Carolina USA rob@mgcarz.com; www.mgcarz.com on 27 March 2003 at 12:00:33 (UK time)
Morgan,
Yes, and yes. You can switch it out without dropping the trans, or at least I was able to in my '69 roadster. I put a description of the process on my website; here's a copy:
--------------------------
After more discussions on the MG Cars Enthusiasts' Club bulletin board, I learned is possible to change the switch without dropping the gearbox (if you're lucky). I was lucky. Also, the switch itself is okay -- it turned out to be an adjustment thing. Seems the factory installs two fibre washers under the switch. Due the wear, I suppose, the switch gets to the point that it's not fully depressed when the gearchange lever is in the 3-4 gate. I removed one washer, reinstalled the switch, et voilà! -- working o/d. Incidentally, for those of you at home keeping score, the part number on the switch is 31824A, date code 4871. My parts book calls it 13H2154 and says it's the same as the reverse light switch.

The method for getting to the switch is as follows:

Support the gearbox with a jack and unbolt the crossmember. Lower the gearbox as low as possible. It will rest on the welded crossmember.

Remove the shift knob and gaiter. Peel back the tunnel carpet so as to access the "cover-gearbox-remote control" (the bit that the gaiter trim screws into). Remove the cover.

Looking into the hole towards the front of the car, on the top left side of the gearbox you'll see the switch facing you (terminals towards you). In my case I was able to reach in with a pair of Channellock® pliers and loosen it enough to unscrew it by hand. YMMV.

Installation is the reverse of removal. (Don'tcha hate it when they say that?)
-----------------------------

Thanks to Clifton Gordon, Paul Hunt, and everyone else who pointed out how to do it.

Hoffe, es hilft.

Grüße,

Andreas

Manfred Hürland #224

Beitrag von Manfred Hürland #224 » 13. Feb 2004, 17:04

Hallo Andreas, ist ja immer wieder toll, was Du so im www. findest!

Vielen Dank!

Grüße
Manfred

Antworten